Monday, May 28, 2012

Cannot Hide From You

Please do not steal or copy my work.

The grass was wet.

The street lamps’ shine was eerie.

I could hardly see your angular features
As we lay where we shouldn’t have been.
Our voices were snatched by the jealous breeze
As we talked in a hush of nothing and everything-
Our words held hidden inscriptions for the other to decipher.
 Your arm supported my head gently while you molded your body
Into a fortress of protection around me.
I had never felt so relaxed, calm,
In such a vulnerable state.
What I could see of you were your eyes.
They looked like glass compared to the lake behind
And if they were glass, they would have been fabricated
By the elusive sands of truth with a dash of charm and a hint of lost innocence.
I cannot image what your heart must look like if your eyes hold such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment