Friday, August 3, 2012

A Moment

Please do not steal or copy my work.


Basking in the holy glory of every single minute note my fingers pluck.

Sucking in my breath I taste the chill in the air

And welcome the brisk winter efficiency I feel.

All around they walk, taking little note of me on my wall of carefree indifference.

The Kings hover around me and cloud the air with lyrical banter.

Their cheap wine does not spill when poured,

Every word is precise but thrown about with such spontaneity that their message

Is measured unconsciously.

                My closed eyes, relaxed by the swirling sounds surrounding me

                                Sense several significant changes in the atmosphere

                                                    Even though they are blind to the physical world which wounds

                                                                Tighter, twitch, tick impatiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment