Monday, September 10, 2012

Because I Lack Social Skills

Please do not steal or copy my work.
(I havn't written anything is such a long time that, while I wish this wasn;t based on something happening, it felt so good to finish.)

The heart that was meant to beat in your chest
Was at arm’s length, causing my stomach to roll in fear,
Like an unworthy sea man on his first voyage,
Terrified of spilling his guts.

All in the name of love was the organ places delicately.

All in the name of hope did you tie your words around to form a bow.

All in the name of fear did my feet sore away from the pulsing thing.

You cried out after me
 
 
Cursing my emotions for not bending to yours.
I had never wanted to be an object.

Let alone, an object of worship or revelry.

As a mass of horrific mistakes,

I implore you to understand where I stand

As a fragile human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment