Monday, September 3, 2012

DIY Mixtape CD Sleeve

Originally from: http://honeybeeinthecity.blogspot.com/2012/08/diy-mixtape-cd-sleeve.html
Cannot wait to try!

D.I.Y. Mixtape CD Sleeve

I'm back with another crafty tutorial using Adobe Photoshop Elements! Today I thought it'd be fun to show you how to make your own custom cd sleeves! Mixtapes totally aren't a thing of the past right? Well, we're planning on whipping some homemade mixtapes to give to our wedding guests featuring some of our very favorite songs. I wanted to keep the whole DIY theme to the wedding while not spending too much money. This method is perfect!

I went ahead and created a PNG template for you to download and use during this. That way you don't have to make it yourself! Just CLICK HERE and save the image to your computer. You'll see where to place it in step two.

Supplies that you'll need for this:
Adobe Photoshop Elements -- Cardstock paper -- Printer
Ruler and Exacto (or another cutting utensil) -- Glue
Your favorite tunes on an awesome mix CD

Don't let the number of steps fool you... this project is very easy! I broke it down in the tiniest steps so I don't lose anyone along the way. You can use photos, graphics, hand-drawn elements, etc for this project. You can even print it out on scrapbook paper for a cool pattern (or scan it in!), or print the back out completely blank and handwrite the track list for an extra special touch. Your call! It doesn't have to be as extensive as mine below. You can find some great free fonts to use at DaFont.com!


How simple was that?! I'm happy to answer any questions you might have below! Let me know if anything is confusing or misleading. If you decide to give it a whirl, let me see the finished product (and your track list! I'm always on the hunt for new tunes!)

If you'd like to stay up to date on the latest tutorials and DIYs from the other ladies, you can follow along in the Photoshop Elements Ambassador program by subscribing on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest!

I'll be hosting a Twitter chat next Thursday, September 6th (1pm CST) on the Adobe Elements Twitter so come chat with me if you have any questions about Elements!

** I borrowed this gorgeous photo to showcase on the cover of my example sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment