Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Captain American, Like a Boss

Aside from being an Amazing movie, It holds a message I wish was more prominent and reflected upon. I got it today when at Walmart with my dad. When we were walking to check out he said that he wanted my brothers to see it. I'm worried about most of the things they expose themselves to, being my younger brothers, and when I asked my dad why he thought that- Because of the special effects and violence- his reasoning was: Captain America stands for something greater. Of course, Batman does too, so does Spiderman and many others- But, the idea that he was chosen to become a "perfect human" was because, of his ability to stay grounded and selfless. He fought, risked his life for others and genuinely cared about the safety of everyone around him. The scene where he jumped to hide a grenade with his body proves that. I must admit though, when I first saw that I found it a little funny. Now I understand why. I cannot imagine anyone nowadays doing that. No Matter What. That is a disturbing fact.
                                                           --Soap Box Out

No comments:

Post a Comment