Sunday, June 3, 2012

While Filling Out Forms

Please do not steal or copy my work.

A total of my existence will always be The Patient.
I pick a doctor,
I fill out a lengthy form,
Which does not make any sense for someone with ADHD.

I fill out my short history
As a broken individual
Whose contribution to society is to supply pharmacies
With pink slips.

I am here to be the one who you see crying in her car
Hitting the steering wheel,
While still loving the person who sent her to that state.
A look of sheer devastation across her face.

I allow others to see me, and realize that they do not want this.
I tell them to smile, be brave.
I tell them to never give up and to never bring themselves down.
I tell them I am fine.

A total of my existence will be to sit in a chair,
Vulnerably opening my blackened mouth
To regurgitate the times I have wanted to die.
To whisper that I want to live without feeling crazy.

I will always be The Patient; a mere file in an overflowing drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment