Friday, June 8, 2012

Lame Reflections

Please do not steal or copy my work.

The moment I have been dreading is here. I never realized that it had been slinking closer.
It would be too late to hide or to deny my existence,
When, the thought of not being is more of a comfort than it should be.
The sands of time had been kind in prolonging this
And I will be forever grateful,
I suppose that one cannot disappear forever.

Carpe Diem feels like just another string of worlds
That were only created to coax you along like a child, giving false hope.
Maybe I am just bitter.
I see love and I proclaim it fake.
I see pain and I weep in sorrow.
I hear laughter and I presume it is towards cruelty.
Yes, I am nothing but bitter armor.
Maybe, the time that is upon me,
Despite my surprised outcry and juvenile resistance,
Will allow me to open my eyes and realize that
I am nothing more than one person.
One person who must stop living this way,
Grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment