Monday, June 18, 2012

To Hell But Never Back

Please do not steal or copy my work.

Going through various papers

My fingers brushed the envelopes

That held the roughly folded, simple letters you sent me

During the many times you were away.

I did not understand the full weight of those words

Until now.

Your diction was a child-like tone of enduring love.

A love that consumed you and made you miss me terribly

Through the long nights and blazing days.

I wish I could have held that kind of love.

I never did.

Not for you.

If I were able to take back all the things said,

And done

During those three years,

I would meticulously scavenge the tapes of our memories.

Hold each scene up to the light,

Squinting from my intense scrutiny, desperately searching

For the moment that it all broke down in hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment