Saturday, July 21, 2012

Athenian Search

Please don't steal or copy my work.


My Love-In-Idleness streaked eyes
Burn from desperately trying
To see straight.
To make out this confusion
That has engulfed my heart, so.
 
I lay here, in the dew-soaked grass,
And wish my mind
Was not so fickle.
These tricks the fairies make,
Drown me, like my own personal anchor to earth.

The god blessed trees are a fortress             
Thickening, leaving no moonlight to,
Guide me toward His hearth.
And my feet are worn, and my arms torn,
From jealous branches that whisper lies.

I want to stop.
To fling my arms at the
Dead, night sky and cry
Lord, what fools these mortals be!
For being so cruel to this shell that is me.

I do not know
How to play this game,
That holds no rules, no
Concrete ties to the silver heaven
That I feel obliged to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment