Saturday, July 21, 2012

Violin Violence

Please don't steal or copy my work.

I was moved.
Through all this clutter in my mind, that sends me reeling at every new turn and sickening lurch, I hear strings.

The violin is my lover. My soul mate; with its sad recognition of truth, a brilliance I find myself in tears to. I want my voice to sound as forlorn. I want so badly to hear beauty in the tone I wield in my daily life.

I need to hear beauty come from my lips. Lips that are always chapped and bleeding.

I don’t know how to sound sadder than I already feel. It would be a tremendous feat that could send me to the edge of every safety harness I have strapped myself into. That I have tightened diligently. That I have caressed with my wrinkled, naked, fingers. This is the intimacy I need: my pitched lover of safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment