Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fear And Loathing (Caused by Doubt)

Please do not steal or copy my work.

I have never thought of a man and had the word delicious come to mind.

Everything pales in comparison when I hear your rough voice, when you rest your hand on my cheek,
 When your mouth is exploring mine with hunger.

There have been times where I have foolishly believed that I knew what love was. Many times where I have used those three words, strung them together like I knew the momentous power they could instill.
I wore other's words around myself, a choker necklace of deceiving black pearls.

Playing the fool was easier than realizing the truth.
From the first moment we spoke, comfort rested on my shoulders. It was startlingly foreign.

Uncertainty tainted the sweetness of the moments, poisoned my mind with self doubting when I was the only enemy.
Having you all to me may be only a dream.

A wish, of sorts, that may never be prophesized.

Childish hope clings to that thought, and yet, peace is the motivator of not running away from the possibility of overwhelming disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment