Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pure And Beautiful

Yesterday it rained. Every time it rains I have the compulsion to curl up with a book or music surrounding me with a cup of hot chocolate. It is never meant to be, unfortunately.

Something was different yesterday, though. It was almost an out of body experience. I looked at my back, sliding glass door and saw the image of my house quiet, dark. No other light but the soft tones coming through the glass, highlighting the floor and furniture with hues of blue. I could see my sister through the glass. Running through the pouring rain, soaken wet in shorts and a shirt. Every so often she would dash back to the door and grab a note card and pen she had set down and would use the glass and calmly, but purposely, write down words of brilliance, of pure inspiration.
The memory caught me by surprise. I hadn't thought about it in a while. That weekend we had been alone with only each other and our burdening homework to occupied us. To see her out there, though...I hadn't seen her look so free before. It was beautiful. She is beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment