Monday, July 2, 2012

Better Alone

Please do not steal or copy my work.

Do not dare call me the name you said in bed.

It offends my soul with its derogatory meaning of devotion

When you clearly do not look at me in a loving or caring way.


I am the meat on your plate.
My heart, laid out, is trimmed of emotion and blead of resolve

So you can easily cut it into bite sized morsels.

My insides were all disregarded as nonessentials,
Bones picked out, cleaned, bleached,

So as not to choke your delicate throat.
Your glass is full of the purest wine;

Which, contradicts the meaning of this last supper,
My last supper,

That you have lain before you with artistically placed flowers, napkins,
Candles for ambiance.


I am ashamed for allowing us to get to such a grotesque state.

I never could say no to you,
Even when the word stuck in my throat like a tack

That could never be removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment