Sunday, July 15, 2012

I Dream A Dream


I had the strangest dream.
       
 It was probably a combination of all the murder shows I seem to be addicted to, or simply the horrors trapped inside my mind. Sometimes I’m terrified by what I seem to posses subconsciously.
       One part that sticks out to me from my dream is when a woman, who was a teacher of mine, showed a video in front of many people while trying to prove a point to me.
       The video was my birth.
       I was born with charred skin. Blackened by a fire my mom had been incased in. yet, when I saw her, she was alright. Only I took the power of the flames. The doctors let her hold me. Then, I was strapped into a plastic cube, there were air holes. And tiny black and red insects were crawling, dominating every surface of my little body. When they finally dispersed I was shown to be the fleshy pink of a well newborn.
      The thing that caught me, though, was the fact that I was not a real child. What was supposed to be me was this mechanical baby doll, which was only in a plastic diaper.  The surface of my skin had a bright shine, my head was perfectly bald. I was still in a large plastic cube and outside was my two best friends. They looked to be at the age of five-years-old while I was this fake thing.
      All of that was on a video shown by a woman my imagination created. It may not sound terribly horrific or gruesome but, the context shook me. It was like someone was revealing me to be a changeling and I didn’t even know. I was exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment